Tuesday, May 24, 2005

In my continued, and somewhat frenzied attack, on the enemies of rationalism I followed up what that node of geekdom, Everything2, had to say about What the Pants do we know, here you can read two measured reviews of the movie, one from a loon and one from someones who not......What the BLEEP Do We Know!?@Everything2.com.....I think part of the problem with this movie is that the idea of this documentary is a good one, it would be cool to see a mainstream movie on the quantum world. For example, I saw today that a pair of scientists have added to the Wormhole debate that it would be almost impossible to create a stable wormhole in space/time i.e. it would be impossible to determine where it would come out - this is not science fiction, nor is it a bolt from the blue, wormhole science is seriously discussed, as is time travel, in many aspects of Quantum physics....so why not a cool, measured documentary on stuff like that?

I'll try and leave such stuff alone now, I'm spitting again.

No comments: