Saturday, September 24, 2005

Oh bollocks, a stressful day of planned blatant consumerism foiled by crap shops....I was attempting to purchase, with money, the new ipod photo with its cool colour screen and nice curvey shape. I didn't even want any huge vulgar memory size, no a mere 20 gig would suffice (sufficient for 7500 songs, or at least my collection of Eddie Izzard and Bill Hicks shows). But the gods of consumerism thwarted me and after being told by the chap at the Apple shop (as in official fucking outlet) that they didn't have any and better still, had no idea when they would, I was feeling pretty tetchy. I bought a Hunter S Thompson book which I had not read and then broke the speed limit across town to get to On-Off, a huge electronics retailer, which-as you might of guessed-did not have any ipods either. Its not often I get afflicted by the desire to buy anything costing more than the price of a paper back or a dubious quality DVD but when the desire hits me, it hits hard. The last time, incidently, was for a punch bag - which was very easily purchased but carrying the fucking thing across town almost killed me.

Angst: I'm not in the UK, where theres a big party going on to which I was invited and a load of my chums will be at...sigh.
Book: Been reading loads of good comic books recently including Swamp Thing as well as Quiver (a return of the Green Arrow) which was written by Kevin Smith, as well as continuing with the story of Bone. Currently digesting Adolf by Osamu Tezuka and Hunter S Thompson's Kingdom of Fear.
Steven Seagal: In his latest movie (Submerged) his characters name is Chris Cody...which is still not a patch on Casey Ryback or Forrest Taft. Hang about, this would be a great solicitors company though: Cody, Ryback and Taft. Wierdly, I found a movie called 'The Untitled Onion Movie', still in post production and with no proper title..our man Stevie is credited with the awesome name of, wait for it, Cock Puncher.

No comments: