Thursday, February 24, 2005

Annoyed today, frustrated even....seems like my Swedish has completely fossilised without me knowing it and I find myself getting really pissed off as I listen to the lanquage. Its not that I don't understand anything, thats actually okay, but rather that I understand enough to realise that I'm missing important stuff. For example, my interpretation of a conversation is something like this 'It was a whoophurdegurdeh blobble chooopppp that is jooulllooppp sluffff usually on tuesdays but ting ting surprising amounts of pain. Neefff Neefff wookie woo horribly inflated'. And so on. The really annoying thing is that the answers bloody simple. Get your head down and graft - really, its that easy. There is no special magic to learning a lanquage and, unless you've been hit on the head by a heavy object as a child, no reason why you can't learn. Its simply that you've got to put the time in and since November, with the arrival of E, I have spent little time learning despite the fact that K speaks predominantly in Swedish to me. So I guess the solution is simple. Devise some very cunning device which plugs directly into my cerebal cortex and simultaneously translates Swedish into English and vice versa. Or hit the books a bit more often.
Books: Our Cosmic Habitat by Martin Rees, Schrödingers Kittens and the search for reality by John Gribbin, The Next Fifty Years edited by John Brockman

Weather: Cold. Snow. Wind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like to read up on the latest info here fitness babes