Thursday, February 03, 2005

Off to Båstad this morning so no activity until sunday or so. God my piles are blue bloody murder this morning, christ only knows whats brought the little bastards down but all my sniggering at Nobby Stiles in Viz does not seem funny at all. I think I'll take a cushion for the train. Ouch.
Båstad is very much one of exclusive places of Sweden, its the site of the Swedish Open (Tennis) and in the high summer very much the place to be seen. When the tennis is on the streets rumble to flash cars rolling up and down the main street, in a very unswedish show of wealth. In the winter, however, its as dead as as dead place after a plague and -alas-most of the coffee shops/bars are closed. Save one, which does nice cakes.

On my bedside table: Peter F Hamilton - Pandoras Star, Ian M Banks - The Algabraist, Stephen W Hawkins - A brief history of time, Jack Finney - Time and Again (Fantasy Masterworks series), Enki Bilal - Nikopol Trilogy (Comic book), Audrey Niffennegger - The Time Travellers Wife.
Stuff I should be doing: sorting out the new newsletter format, don't worry I'm on it.
weather:+2, blueish skies
Site: Great stuff, my quest to find the paperclip museum continues but I found this trove on the way...World of Napkins
TV: While I was doing pull ups last night I watched Worlds Wildest Police Videos, incredibly sick but sort of compelling. The freak who narrates it is more terrifying than any of the snuff they show in the name of 'education', with his gleaming white teeth and plastic hair he says things like 'high on crack and alcohol, this driver was only going one way - straight to jail', believe me, it does not get much better than that.
Strange coincindence: Robert Winston - New show on sleep on BBC, Robert Winston - recently arrested for horse race fixing. Odd.

No comments: