Monday, November 21, 2005

After a savage bout of mushroom, or poo, induced poisoning yesterday I feel relatively fitter (although a little thinner) today......I fucking hate being ill, especially when the family goes off to the summer house and leaves me lolling in my sick bed with nothing but John Carpenters 'Assault on Precinct 13' to watch. They actually didn't just leave because of my explosive diarrhea but also because its that time of year when we must replace the cars tyres with the mighty studded ice breakers.

Annoyed, because I've started reading A. reynolds latest - Century Rain. Don't get me wrong, its started well and is a novel departure from the universe of his previous books BUT once again the curse of ideas rises again. You see, his latest involves the use of alien transit lines - the Hyperweb - enabling mankind to reach the stars. Which is identical to an idea I had some years ago. This is not the first time this has happened either, Neil Gaimens story of people living under london was pretty much identical to an idea I had, involving 'dwellers' some years before. This suggests, to me, that - I really should write more or that, more likely I think, theres a universal pool of ideas which we can access, and that ideas are not really our own. Or, that we are all sad geeks pretty much influenced by the same source material.

Still laughing at: Joke in 'Catch me if you can'.......'Knock Knock. Who's there? Go fuck yourselves.'
Getting into: Franz Ferdinand. Partly because the musics cool but also because they seem to be one of the few bands that smile in photographs.

No comments: