Monday, November 28, 2005

So, I had a second interview for the new job I'm after. It seemed to go pretty well, including the initial swedish session (oohhh er missus) at the start. We switched to English pretty quickly, and the problem - I realised - is that it is really difficult to read someone when they are using their second lanquage, even when they are fluent. Nuances and expressions come out differently, so I was never quite sure how enthusiastic the interviewer was being about me. Oh, a note to self - or anyone else having an interview in Sweden - they check references well in advance of you being offered a position so you might want to consider not including your current employer, as I have done. I've had to do some damage limitation to hopefully avoid the worse case scenario of a. not getting the new job and b. my old boss deciding that my lack of loyalty is a good enough reason to get rid of me. Paranoid? Moi?

Notable event: It was E's name day on saturday and his first B'day last week. One year old. Shocking.
Books:Century Rain by A. Reynolds, 6 out of 10 - definitely not his best but okay. More from the Alita:Battle Angel Series and various Sandman collections.
Music: Mudhoney, Libertines and Queen.

No comments: