Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Had my first interview with M today. As they said in there email that the interview would include not only a logical assignment but also a personality test I'd thought I'd preempt them and apply a little reverse psychology. The interview went something like this:

Interviewer: "So, J, I thought we could start by you telling us a little about yourself"
J: "Actually, I thought you could tell me something about yourself"
Interviewer: "But this is your interview, I'm asking the questions"
J: "Does it upset you when I ask the questions? You're being very evasive"
interviewer: "But if you ask the questions then I feel a bit useless...I mean a bit....
J: "inadequate?"
Interviewer: "yes, exactly."
J: "Do you feel inadequate often?"
Interviewer: "well yes, not always but sometimes when I get tired or stressed"
J: "Just at work?....."
Interviewer: "Well (coughs nervously, looks at feet), things have not been going so well at home......"
J: "let it out, its okay if you want to cry"

Surprisingly, it was nothing like that. However, it was pretty positive. I scored in the top third on the logic test and the personality test bracketed me as self assured and analytical with a tendency to sweat the small stuff and not take criticism well. Which, on the basis of a thirty minute chat and a few forms is pretty accurate. Lets see if they think I'm analytical enough for a second interview.

Listening:Benny Hill and Grandstand Tunes...totally recommend spending some time here.
Reading: Hellblazer, Ghost Rider.....erhm, and some shit sci-fi called Polaris which is pants.
Link:Heres a link to the UK skeptics website Home HTML, I have not really checked their site out much so if it turns out that they are funded by Exxon (as http://www.junkscience.com/ is - basically set up to rubbish the 'pseudoscience' of climate change.....check out George Monbiots new book 'Heat' serialised on the Guardian Online pages) then I apologise.

No comments: