Friday, December 15, 2006

I got this from Randi's newsletter, its hilarious. Patron Saints Index Topic List Its basically a list of all the saints and the various subjects they give their patronage to. Thus, in short order and brimming with school boy humour and irrelevancy:

Saint Bonaventure of Bagnoregio: Patron saint of Bowel Disorders.
Saint Barbara: Patron Saint against death by artillery.
Saint Drausinus: Patron Saint of invincible people (presumably the Patron saint of Superheroes).
Saint Gertrude of Nivelles: Patron Saint of the fear of mice.

Really this is just tipping a toe in the water, theres something for everything and everyone here (except monkeys and teeth I notice). However, throats are okay with no less than 7 saints looking out for them. I notice that the author of the website says 'that most people were given a personal patron at Baptism, or chose one at Confirmation. In addition, everyone has a guardian angel. These holy folks stand in God's presence, and will add their prayers to your on this or any other matter.' The bureaucracy must be horrendous.

Feeling 1: Very tired, worked a 2200 til 0530 shift, slept for two hours and then did a Swedish exam from 9 until 1400. I think my answers made sense but I'm pretty sure that in the oral part I said 'when camping in the woods you have to watch out for urine'. Which is of course true, but I meant to say animals.
Feeling 2:Sad for the bloke who started work with me and got the chop. He was a nice lad, but seemed incapable of taking on board any kind of suggestion or instruction. Kind of awkward when he was asking me if my contract was being extended, which it is, when his wasn't.
Feeling 3: relief that I will be moving to the day shift next year. Hoorah. The recruitment agency asked me if I wanted to work between xmas and new year, yeah, right.

Random laugh: woman on the bus carrying an ironing board. Why is it funny? Dunno, just is.

No comments: