Wednesday, May 02, 2007

World Without Oil :: Document Your Life In The New Reality

Kinda interesting, an alternate reality game trying to create real world action (read as, knit your own yoghurt version of second life)...World Without Oil :: Document Your Life In The New Reality

Argh, what to say...it was Valborg over the weekend (the end of winter celebrations) which meant a good pagan burn up on the beach with lashings of sausages, lovely. As it's Sweden, a sing song was essential..stuff about good riddance to winter, a welcome to the summer and where's the sausages, or something. Speaking of sausages, it's sausage club tomorrow morning at work. Which is always nice.

Reading: Charles Stross, Jennifer Morgue.
Trying to avoid: Spending much money this month as I want to be able to buy a '360 at the end of the month with clear consience. 'Daddy, I'm hungry'. 'Quiet son, I'm playing Oblivion'.
Pleased with: Coming 6th in the 10K I did over the weekend (47 minutes and change), the starting line was about 50 people so that was a reasonably respectable position and time - particularly as my training began two weeks ago and consisted of precisely two runs outside...and I wonder why I had a blister the size of Britain on my foot. And I can never remember that Second Skin, the spray on bandage, used to hurt as much as it did when I treated my aforementioned injury with Spray on Acid, which is probably what it actually said on the can. Next race in about a months time, another 10K, the aim is to get 45 minutes. We'll see.

No comments: