Tuesday, August 03, 2004

greetings one and all. Freshly groomed and back from the summer house, I can't go to work straight away as I have to go and book some driving lessons - yes, that day has finally come when I must, as the toecutter said, 'ride a rubber road to freedom'. As myself and K are now the proud owners of a splendidly red car I've been spending some quality time behind the wheel, and not just sitting in the drive way making 'vroom vroom' noises. Going from nervously puttering around country lanes on friday to driving us most of the way home on monday, I don't see any major obstacles. I realised that I already know how to drive, I just needed to learn how to drive 4 wheels rather than two. But blimey, cars are boring - no sensation of speed (other than your partner saying 'your're breaking the law now, and the sound barrier' - as our awesome 16 valve 1.6 litre engine powers us across the Swedish landscape) and you've got a blind spot the size of, well, a car....never mind, all good fun.

I've just finished an awesome book, 'A heartbreaking work of staggering genius' by David Eggers, which was funny and sad, and lots of other good things as well. Just started Dan Browns Da Vinci Code which seems to be intellectual wanking, its actually quite interesting but the characters are tottering hulks of rotting cardboard who can only think in italics.

as well as twisting your optic nerves around this will also get your brain trying to jump out of your skull as you try to grapple with what a hypercube actually is.......otherwise known as a TesseractStereoscopic Animated Hypercube

No comments: