Sunday, August 08, 2004

Woke up feeling strangely nostalgic today, not so much for the UK but rather for childhood which suddenly seems very fresh, I guess its something to do with impending fatherhood.......'nuff said on that self indulgent riff anyway.

Jesus am I grumpy (as well as nostalgic obviously) today, I've got a whole new brace of mozzie bites (approximately 13 or so) which adds to my already insect ravaged body - since the trip to Rhodes i've accumulated somewhere close to 30 odd bites, knibbling and general insect assaults going from the mundane (wasp sting on inside thigh) to the interesting tick between my toes (removed by suffocation with vaseline, really works!), waiting for symptons of lyme disease to show themselves. There was a full on tactical assault on my legs during bouldering yesterday, little bastards. Bouldering though, bloody good, went to Kjugokull for the second time and had a triumphant time, sent a high ball problem which scared the hell out of me (particularly as the base of the rock was teeming in huge fucking ants - again with the insect thing). Having just read up on mosquito bites on the net it seems that the number of bites I've experienced means I am resensitised to the proteins the little fuckers inject into you - great.

music: Chicks on Speed
weather: lovely, 25+ and the tarmacs dry
book: nine mil, Rob Ryan
inconsequential thought: staggering geometric progressions filling the sky
recent film: I, robot, 4.5 out of 10 but also Magnolia (on tv) bloody excellent.

Please don't put your life in the hands of a rock and roll band....indeed, my nostalgic muse extends to the music of day.......

remember the days of playing 3D monster maze, fantastic, check out the adverts pages....lost saturdays of yore hammering away on the shiny little keyboardZX81 THE ARCHIVE

No comments: