Wednesday, March 02, 2005

well, slap me thighs skipper theres nothing cheers me up more than a good old toot on the ramrod with a fellow shipmate from back in blighty....its sometimes easy to think that you live in a Swedish bubble ('bubbla'- in swedish) and that the rest of the world is just a sitcom played out on the BBC website.

Bollocks, I completely forgot what I was going to write about.

Weather: Cold, so very cold. -5 and lots of snow.
Memorable event of the day: driving lesson in a blizzard, snow drifts lying on the motorway!
Books: Still the same physics stuff as before, though I'm approaching the end (with some relief) of Pandoras Star by Peter F Hamilton - though I will continue with the sequal. I just read some the reviews on Amazon and I'm clearly in a minority here, but never mind. One of the reviews did mention that it seemed to be in need of some editorial pruning, I totally agree, particularly as I keep spotting typos. (which is very rich coming from me, I know, but then I never claimed to be god at spooling). and to keep with the rambling found quite an interesting forum where folks were bitching about the reviewers on Amazon.

No comments: