Thursday, August 24, 2006

bloody marvellous...lifelong disappointment : there's no i hate you in team and speaking of blood it was second, and third blood to the bicycle last night, though I got some revenge by bending the back break lever back in one of the more acrobatic spills. Yes, a combination of rain, dark and dirty contact lenses caused several accidents and at least one 'active dismount' in the space of an hour. The last, and the most impressive, was notable in that it took me at least 10 metres to fall off, trying to wrest control of the bike as it slithered across a massive, wet, metal grating which I had totally failed to notice. I also failed to notice the wall I charged head first into, a split second after I got control back. Fortunately, my fall was broken by the border of sea polished cobble stones artfully placed around its base. Result: cut knee, bruised elbow and bent brake lever. I celebrated my fortunate escape by jumping off things (on the bike). And I wonder why people point and laugh.

Waiting: For the baby.
Reading: The Atrocity Archives by Charles Stross. This is excellent Chuthlu mythos mixed with the British Civil Service. Tentacles on the chin, anyone?
Listening: Veruca Salt

No comments: