Friday, July 09, 2004

The words downpour, tumult and cloudburst are insufficient to describe the deluge which I found myself cycling through to get to the job centre. The rain was insane to the point that from the holes on a manhole cover jets of water spouted a metre into the air as the drains all backed up. So, like a drowned rat I squelched into the job centre to let them know I was working half time (although its more like full time these days) and found the office completely empty, after a few minutes of wandering around marie celeste like offices I found the staff all busily eating lunch and generally ignoring the inconvience of an English invandrare dripping on the floor.

Most excellent Swedish word: lagom, meaning neither one thing nor the other. Theres no real English equivalent.
Desire: Good weather over the weekend so I can enjoy more bone crunching impacts with tarmac (memo to self: must not skate downhills before I can brake) and hopefully some rocky pleasures.
Music: The Specials, James Bond Theme.
Weather. The very opposite of very dry.

No comments: