Monday, April 11, 2005

So, my dear friends, it has been 10 days - 10 whole days, my stars - since we last spoke. And I must say you're looking well, almost too well, perhaps that ruddy glow of your skin and the shiver of your shanks is due to, well, methods of rejuvenation which are not quite wholesome, hmmmm?

And what a ten days its been. Lots of work, between both here and Denmark with too much time spent staring at computer screens. We escaped the city last weekend (which makes Malmö sound like a smoggy chaotic hell but thats not really the case, though some of the cycle lanes are quite scary to cross) and drove up to the summer house. This enabled us to do the seasonal ritual of changing the tyres from winter 'dubs' to the normal summer ones which has the immediate effect of removing the constant roar you experience as the metal studs on the dubs wear away the road. And, I'm afraid, thats as much as I can muster at the minute - off to Warsaw tomorrow not, unfortunately, the Free City of Krokow - for all of those who remember Twilight 2000.

Books: Einsteins Miraculous Year - which was tough going so I moved onto steadier ground with Lost Discoveries by Dick Teresi. Its very cool, about how the Egyptions etc had invented algebra and geometry way before the Greeks (though I found myself discussing this loudly in the greek restaurant in Malmö today, rather embarressing, especially when you refer to Aristotle as a 'wanker') Also reading Stamping Butterflies by John Grimwood which I was not at first impressed by but now am loving - and hes written loads of other stuff, cool
Movie: Signs by M Night Shalllamamalamalamalamalaamalaman, not bad, 6 out of 10.
Game activity: Currently trying to make my cow in Black and White do things other than pooing and ripping up trees.

No comments: