Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Looking forward to this movie - WOTWs was one of the first SF books I ever read (along with Day of the Triffids). Film Threat - Reviews: "Finally, the ending came damn close to ruining the whole thing. I�m not talking about *that* ending, where we learn what happens to the aliens (I�ll give you a hint: these aliens aren�t going to fall for a biplane in the tailpipe). No, I�m talking about the scene where we see what happens to Ray�s family. I won�t spoil it, but I think your viewing experience would definitely be enhanced if you left the theater after the 110-minute mark. Rarely has the term �Hollywood ending� been quite as appropriate, and seldom has a denouement of that nature come so close to tainting all that came before (the post-credits scene from the �Dawn of the Dead� remake comes close). "

The good news is that the Driving Test was a 100% success! After a terrible lesson before it - I exaggerate a little, but my instructor was doing his usual groaning at one point as I weaved around the road - I was feeling incredibly cool and iceman like. The whole test was in Swedish to, so I feel suitably chuffed - particularly as I did not get a single negative point (which is a dam sight better than when I did my MC test in the UK!).

Book: Songs of the Doomed, Hunter S Thompson.

No comments: