Saturday, June 18, 2005

The sky is blue, theres a light wind blowing and the butterflies are skipping madly around my tummy. Yes, its race day. The last 12 weeks of training, of pounding up and down the beach, along the rainy streets and maddening repititions of the running track have come to the envitable conclusion. In a few hours time I will be at the start line, the gun will go off and I will run like hell. I've really got no idea what I'm capable of doing, 2 hrs is in the bag but a significantly faster time remains to be seen. I know that I can hold a quick pace for 15K but whether I can hold it after that, and bring in a time worthy of cups of tea and medals is unknown. One thing is a relief, after today I can stop the last three days of stuffing my face with pasta - a nice big bowl of pasta this morning at 0730 (the joys of having a child who does not care that you want to sleep!) was very very unpleasant.

Here goes nothing.

No comments: