Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Continuing my theme of surveying odd character names in movies I was checking out Christopher Lamberts resume, which sadly has no great chuckle worthy names. Yeah, we've got John Prudhomme (Resurrection), Gideon Oliver Dobbs (Gideon) and Russel Nash (Highlander) but nothing yet matching the brilliance of Casey rybeck. But, I noticed the sub-title of Fortress 2 (where he played John Henry Brennick) was Re-entry....this makes me smirk, a lot. Makes me also consider Fortress 2: Forced entry starring Ben Dover.

Incidently, I notice from Empire magazine that Bill Paxton (of which one of the coolest lines ever was directed at, to wit, 'Hudson, we are leaving') was killed by the Terminator (in Terminator, playing 'Punk Leader), an alien (well, more than one if you want to be accurate, playing Private Hudson in Aliens) and a predator (in Predator 2, playing Jerry Lambert). How cool is that!
However, I must add myself that Jenette Goldstein comes close by being finished off by aliens (as Private Vasquez in Aliens 2, though technically she blew herself up) and being terminated (admitedly by a T-1000, where Bill was finished off by the rather less cool but more reliable T-800 Model 101) in Terminator 2 (as Jennette Goldstein). We could go on, Michael Biehn having been wasted by Terminators and Aliens as well but this is turning into something like a Kevin Bacon game so I'll stop.


No comments: