Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Just a quickie.I'm off to the driving school this morning, picking up where I left off after 2 months of Elias orientated activity. Sweden has been hit hard by the storms and the amount of felled trees and damage means that some places are going to be without electricity for weeks. Here, in the big smoke, the only affect was that our broadband pipe dropped out for a few hours - this I could deal with.


recent purchases: Tom Waits CD, Smiths CD (which finally made me realise that the lyrics to 'I am the Sun and the air' are actually 'I am the son and the heir', which makes sense if you listen to the rest of the lyrics.
weather: 9+, far too warm for this time of year.
current struggle: finding the inspiration to be creative outside of nappy changing, sleep deprivation, basking in the love of my child, being a sambo (not a highly racist black charactiture but the Swedish name for living together), training, eating, and avoiding the government narcs.

At some point I intend to look more closely at the whole issue of reality shows (Sweden has more than its fair share) but what made me chuckle about this article is half way down, where it says what Greer said about her house mates, 'Bez - Huge capacity for Happiness' and Brigitte Nielsen ' Like a cat with an electrode up its arse'. Splendid. BBC NEWS Entertainment TV and Radio Greer attacks 'bully' Big Brother

No comments: