Sunday, January 23, 2005

Just back from a weekend at the summer house, very lovely and made all the more exciting by a sudden blizzard this afternoon. I guess about 10 cms of snow had fallen in the few hours before we left to go back to Malmö. The weekend involved plenty of eating, drinking and log running on the beach. Our chums R & K came up from Malmö on the weekend on the saturday, which was really cool - we had lots of plans for sunday but curtailed by the snow storm meant we bravely bought lunch and ate, under extreme comfort conditions, for several hours - extremely hard.

I'm actually knackered, as I worked out at the Rocky Gym on friday, had a good hill run on saturday (a rarity as Malmö being very flat means little thigh busting activity - if you know what I mean) and then, when I thought it was safe to do bugger all, accompanied K on a run down to the Rocky Gym and then onto the beach for a spot of log running. Which involves picking a nice heavy piece of drift wood and then running up the beach with the log held, on straight arms, above your head. For the first 5 metres you feel fine, the next 20 your arms feel like falling off, for the last 5 they do, slowly with lots of pain. Which was nice.

Music: None, though I tested the new monitors speakers with a little bit of Morcheeba.
Weather: Snowing.
Surreality: Outside, at the summer house, hearing a strange creaking noise from above me. When I looked up I saw two swans flying gracefully through the snow. Very beautiful.
Inconsequential comment: The shadow of his carrot.

No comments: