Monday, November 27, 2006

Revealed: rise of creationism in UK schools News crumb EducationGuardian.co.uk: "'Just because it takes a negative look at Darwinism doesn't mean it is not science. I think to critique Darwinism is quite appropriate.'"........arrggh. arrggghhhhh! And this quote is from a fucking science teacher....what kind of a moron gets to teach science and yet cannot understand how science works i.e peer reviewed evidence and why creationism doesn't work. Critique - fine, absolutely fine but based on an arguement of 'heres some real testable evidence' rather than things are really complicated, yeah? And we don't understand everything, so, erm, there must be a god, okay? (and if you don't like it we'll fatwah your ass). Imagine leaving your kids in the company of these kind of imaginatively challenged gullible wankers. Whats next? "okay kids, its field trip time, lets go and look for the ark". Bill, come back, the world needs you.

On a lighter note, you can no longer buy 'Horny Goat Weed Capsules': the recently maligned MHRA gets something right. See The Awful Poo Lady.

So today is mostly working, applications and proofreading as K has bailed me out for the day and left town with the infants (E has recently developed a new, exciting, habit of getting up at 0400 in the morning (the time when people are traditionally asleep, close to death or, in fact, dead) which makes even the most liberal tolerant parent think of tranquillisers (for him, not me)) which means I can really get my head down. Hopefully the weather will clear up so I can spend my 'lunch' hurting myself on my bicycle.

Reading: Hellblazer, Ex Machina (fucking brilliant) and Fables - all comic books for the uninitiated.
Listening: Ramstein, which is unfortunate as it makes me a little too excited.
Watching: Spirited Away (finally) and 'From the Earth to the Moon', 12 hours of drama documentary of the apollo missions, bliss.

No comments: