Friday, May 14, 2004

Well, the week staggers to a close, and I find myself stumbling like Willem Defoe at the end of Platoon out of the blackboard jungle, my clothing in tatters and my morals damaged. Yes, I've been supply teaching and have found new levels of respect for teachers. The life of the supplier is a strange one, an unfamiliar face in the teachers rum you are treated with mild contempt, a lackey if you will. They know you can smell the bitterness, and they know that you will soon escape-free from the tyranny of marking and adolescent filth. I've actually been lecturing on chemistry, which is a joke (given that I only remembered how to draw a benzene ring minutes before the class began) but the kids seemed to like the stuff on Polar Bears changing sex from PCB exposure - all good clean fun. I've also been working in my new role as an assistant web administrator and business support person up at the science park - lots of fun but very PC intense, not so keen to surf when I get home which is why the blog has not been so regular.

You see Bruce Willis character names don't even come close, John McClane (Die Hard 1,2 and 3) is cool, but the rest, Joe Hallenbeck (Last boy scout) is instantly forgettable......see.....whereas Harry Stamper (Armageddon) is, like the movie, just trying too hard.
Arnie, well, given that in some of his movies his name is his job description (Terminator, Mr Freeze) he's just not trying but, and its a big but, he does come close to Seagal like style with John Matrix (Commando), Dutch Schaeffer (Predator) and Douglas Quaid (Total Recall).


Look, I don't know why but it makes me laugh - and who buys stain resistant trousers, and do they admit it. "yes, these trousers are stain resistant, so handy during those intimate moments in the adult cinema" - never sit next to the man with a hat on his lap, thats what my dad said.
Men's > Dress Pants > Pleat Front - Lands' End

No comments: