Sunday, June 06, 2004

After yesterdays self serving maudlin rant back to the normal bollocks......indulged myself with a few DVD-skivors last night, K was out with her school group. Thus, I watched the last two episodes of band of brothers and then Bad Boys II, which had, for my money, one of the best car chases I've seen in a long time..the end of the movie was a bit strange, ending as it did in a full on invasion of Cuba and finally seeking the sanctuary of Guantanomo bay, rather ironic I thought.........Band of Brothers has been a bit of a trek for me but finally got through all the series, I actually read the book years ago and was pretty impressed with the series, I really should not watch stuff like that though, Saving Private Ryan gave me nightmares for ages.....sleep patterns seem to have recovered after fridays onslaught, slept in this morning and did not even wake at 5 when K went off to do a story for the newspaper. Actually going back to the Second World War, I note with some interest all the activity on the bbc web site regarding D Day, while surfing through the various sites I found the interactive SMS mobile phone game where you take the role of an SOE agent, this has - I feel - moved someway past remembering the carnage of yesterday all those years ago.

music: Jonathan Ross (repeat of saturdays show)
weather: Unusually overcast
worth watching once, funny in places....YogaKitty Home Page

No comments: