Monday, June 28, 2004

'may monkeys infest your foreign parts' muttered the old man as I brushed past him on the sidewalk. I paid little attention to his half mumbled curse until, much later, a small scruffy body pushed its way past my plastic belt and trouser top and, pausing briefly to sniff the air, knuckled away with hoots of glee. This now happens on a regular basis.

Its raining, its thundering and outside all is damp. I am dry inside, well not literally, otherwise my metabolism would grind to a sudden dusty halt but you know what I mean.
No work today, meeting in Denmark in a few days time so I've been doing some personal administration stuff - I was just about to send off my tax return (the first one I've ever done on time) but decided to avoid getting soaked to the skin so decided a blog a little.

Weather: Raining and thundering. 15 degrees C
Music: 5,6,7,8's and a little bit of Apocalytica...amongst others.

Recent books: Obviously Erikson, but apart from that.....I revisited V for Vendetta by Allan Moore, most excellent and even though it was written in the late '80s it still feels important. Finished the penultimate book in the 'Gap' series, just when I was getting tired of this series it notched up a gear, very exciting. Also, and very much recommended, is 'The curious incident incident of the dog in the night time' by Mark Haddon. Bloody great.

blatently strange (and Swedish)
Ja Da

No comments: