Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Class war almost broke out today in Swedish 1. The young turk took umbrage that one of the Germans answered a question quicker and more correctly then he did, not impressed. He did that pretend spit thing on the floor - which is wierdly offensive, how strange - then clearly thought for a few seconds about throwing the nearest object to hand at her. As this was, in descending order of severity, the teacher, the tapeplayer, a book and a pen he thankfully chose not to.
Emotions run high in Swedish, I can tell you.

The Swedish course hit a bit of a low for me today as we listened to a conversation at normal speed. More like warp speed, the odd word jumped out of a background of hoots, gibbering and honkings - learning a new language is in part one of the most frustrating and stimulating thing I've done in years.

Yoga was interesting the other night. For the last few weeks we've been doing a postion where we hold our left/right foot up - whilst standing - with the corresponding hand reached around your back. Difficult to visualise I know. Well this is easy I thought, ha! The full move is then, whilst holding your foot, to bend down and touch the floor with your other hand. I think surgery will be required to enable me to complete this. It will certainly be required if I do.

Weather: wet, salty and cold +5
Website: more on the shuffling undead theme......
Film Threat - Reviews

No comments: