Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Over the last two days the weather has improved massively. Bright blue skies reflected off the perfectly still waters of the canals which cross the city centre. Many of the buildings of Malmö are red brick with green leaded roofs (turrets abound) and they look really beautiful in the sun.
Last night me and K made the most of the evening and wandered down to the harbour, I keep forgetting that this is a coastal city. The docks here are massive and industralised but not in a totally unpleasant way - its all pretty compact. Last weekend we were at the summerhouse, it pissed down on the saturday but was good on the sunday, I managed a short run in the woods before beasting myself at the woodland 'rocky gym' which is helpfully situated in a clearing. Its way cool, pull up bars and pivoting telegraph poles to life, perfect.
The language course is totally knackering, when they say intensive they really mean it! After the lesson theres usually about at least 2-3 hours of homework to do. I can sort of get by already, as long as no one talks at warp speed or asks me whether I felt discombobulated the last time my flange was inhibited (it could happen). I've had no serious tests of my language skills yet though I did manage to buy some stamps and a kebab recently. Me and K do chat in Swedish but at a fairly basic level. The grammar is the main thing at the minute, theres four types of endings which verbs can have and then various pronoun combinations as well, its not too bad though. French or Spainish is far more complicated for example.

Strange noise: parrrrrppppppoooooooooopeep
Weather:+16 and blue skies
Website: They are watching you, really.
PARANOIA - THE CONSPIRACY READER

No comments: