Wednesday, March 10, 2004

My dear friends - let me apologise for not having updated the site earlier. As I said right at the start don't expect too much but I never intended to leave the site abandoned for so long - four days without a post, too much and my excuses are rather paltry. Yes, all those times I was scratching my arse or just standing, staring (as you do) I could have been blogging away but alas I just continued staring......and scratching. So here you are, a resume of the last few days and an untrustworthy guarentee that the site will not remain dorment for this long again (holidays, nuclear pulses and acute malaise accepted).

Trelleborg (pronounced Trey-layy-bor-ree, which incidently means we've been pronouncing Bjorn Borgs name wrong for years, as well as the bad guys in Star Trek. 'Oh no, its the Bor-ree' does not sound so alarming though) was visited on Friday. Quiet little ferry port town with not a great deal happening. They have a park there which is full, almost infested with chickens, ducks, fowl and other avian like beasts - pleasant. The countryside around Trelleborg was cool, lots of very low hills interspersed with trees and wooden houses. None of the fields have hedges so you get amazing views for miles. Further evidence for the Swedes are Hobbits theory as it does all look rather like the shire (I imagine).

The weekend was good, K was working on Saturday so I took myself off to the climbing wall. Met some very friendly folks which was cool, once again beasted by muscle bound maniacs. Sunday involved a long breakfast buffet at a local cafe, 'all you can eat', surely the best four words in christiendom. Incidently saw 'Lost in Translation', 7.5 out of 10 - Bill Murrey is a demi-god almost reaching the powers of John Cusack.

But the big news is that I have started my language course - began on Monday, every morning for a month - Swedish as a foreign language. 15 budding swedish speakers on the course, countries represented include Australia, Italy, Romania, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, Germany, Iceland and Argentina. Its very full on, allmost all the course is taught in Swedish which makes for two and half hours of very intense concentration. Homework every night as well, though can already feel the benefit. Theres another Brit on the course which is cool, ex-pats unite and all that.

Music:Nothing I'm afraid but perhaps some Radio 4 - ah yes, voice of the free world.
Weather: Chilly over the last few days with a damper front moving in today. Blue skies were rapidly replaced by the omnipresent grey murkness which tends to replace the sky.
Website: Ever wondered where all those scary doorways you see around town actually go?
The catalogue of UK Entrances to Hell

No comments: