Saturday, February 14, 2004

Saturday. Day of Saturnus. Day of sitting. A day of chairs.
Its the morning (don't let the time at the bottom of the page confuse you, it's google time and thus extremely dilated) and cleaned and fresh I scrabble frantically at the keyboard.
Yesterday was good in the job searching department, another application went whizzing off as a document controller, kind of a gun for hire-working for various companies from a central agency. I had a good chat with the recruiting agent and she did not seem particularly offended by me, so who knows? Its only a six month contract but that could be quite fortuitous, non-demanding work while I work on my Svenska. I've got to phone the CEO of a company I would really like to work for today, quite excited about that - I will post the results as they happen.
Liberated Swedish Tv totally shocked me the other day - I was watching the end of some dum American comedy show called Larry or something. The premis was that Larrys Aunt had died and that he had written the obituary - but heres the gag, rather than Aunt they written cunt! Hilarity ensues at the wake. But they could not stop saying it, I thought the yanks were supposed to be prudes. It made Johnny Rotten seem rather tame for saying it once! These guys said cunt about 5 times (I was counting for my letter of complaint) in a few minutes during late afternoon Tv. Refreshing, I must say. I'm waiting for the next hilarious episode where he has to write an article about a dry dock.
Went out to my favourite Malmö restuarant last night, Koi - a Japanese place. Very yummy food - most excellent.
Further proof that this is a different land to the UK- the ice rink in the centre of one of Malmö's many squares was closed but it would be quite possible to get into it. No drunken youths staggering around it writing their initials in urine -amazing.


Weather: +2 and overcast
Last animal seen: none (bit of an anticlimax after the pig)
Music: none
website worth a grin:http://alec.at.tut.by/penguin.swf (for those of you who have not seen this - very amusing)

No comments: