Thursday, February 12, 2004

So here we are on day 2......all feels a bit strange I must admit. Yesterday was a fine, a brief struggle against Swedish bureaucracy which resulted in a no score draw (more later) and then more job searching....Kristina is working like crazy at the minute and was reporting on a local government meeting until late last night so I was left wandering around the flat making aimless hooting noises with my underpants on my head. The good news is that Buffy was on Tv so at least some things are familiar (all non Swedish Tv and movies are subtitled rather than dubbed which is great (unless you go and see Traffic, like I did, half of which is in Spainish.....)).

So, I need to register with the Swedish Job agencies (our equivalent of the Job centre, but with more soft furnishing) and thus off I go. My first stop, the international job agencie politely turns me away and redirects me to the national agency who inform me that I need to speak to the relavent union - don't think so! Rather than mime or draw pictures, as the receptionist did not speak much English, I went to another agency. No problems here, they know the score but the lady who deals with special cases like me is ill and will not be back until monday-I guess the call centres and bars are safe for another few days!! I've actually got one interview in a weeks time now for a school (teaching post maybe) and am trying to hunt others down......will keep you posted.

well, Ive got to try and sort some more stuff out so must bugger off now.

Weather: -5 and overcast
Last animal seen: a crow
music: none
website worth a grin: http://www.trevorvanmeter.com/flyguy/

No comments: