Friday, February 20, 2004

Soooooo, anyway. Friday morning. A beautiful day, sun shining brightly and a crisp temperature. My arms are absolutely shagged! Spent the evening at the climbing wall and, once again, was totally beasted by the Swedish climbing hard men - good run to the wall and back as well, starting to lose my winter plummage.

Rather disturbing news that the house sparrow is disappearing from the UK - very worrying. Apparently garden make over shows, and the growth of decking, is partly responsible. I knew Titmarsh was the great Satan.

I live, so those of you who have not seen it can picture it, on the top floor of a 4 storey appartment block. Its an old red brick building built in a square shape with a grassy area in the middle. The sun shines into the kitchen in the mornings and if you wander around naked in the front room the kids from the school opposite get somewhat of a shock - as I have discovered.

Weather: 0, sunny and blue skies
Last animal: cats, again.
Music: Radio 4, received English and Ann Widdecombe, bliss
Interesting web site:
BBC NEWS | UK | Wood floors spark trouser mishaps
I particular like the trouser related mishaps but also the warning of the inherent dangers of wooden floors, a constant risk to me now I live in a largely carpetless country.

No comments: